Monday, September 30, 2013

Healthy Habits

A lot of my goals have the do with running, however some of them are geared towards losing weight. Since I started running I have gained weight. And no I am sure it's not muscle, I haven't been lifting weights.  I knew I was going to need another focus for the diet side.  I have been thinking about weight watchers for months.  I finally decided to sign up.  I got a good deal, buy 1 month get 1 free.  I tried online years ago and it didn't work well for me.  I need the accountability. Anyway, I'm on week 2.  The first week I lost a grand total of .2 lbs.  Disappointing right. But this week I lost 2.8. I am very happy with that.  

Today's meeting was about healthy habits.   Did you know that idea that it takes 21 days to make a habit is actually a myth.  It can take anywhere from 18 to 254.  I guess perseverance is the key.  I can make a huge list of habits I would like to create.  But I know the key is starting little.  So I am going to work on two habits.  The first, write everything I eat down. Part of the reason online weight watchers didn't work for me was the fact that I cheated. I know, it's true.  Second, I want to run four days a week.  This is a little tougher because my available running time has minimized, but I am determined to figure something out.

What are some healthy habits you would like to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment