Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Week 4 x 2...?


Isn't that the truth!!!  Despite my lack of posts I have been trying to get back into gear this week.  On Monday morning I went out to finish week 4.  It was awful!  I do not know what was wrong with me but it was my worst run yet.  Half my intervals I could not complete and a few I skipped all together.  It was definitely a disappointment.  But then I remember something a fellow blogger told me.  P.S. She has a great blog. You can find her at http://seejenroerun.blogspot.com/.  Anyhow she told that I need to go at my own pace.  She mentioned a friend of hers, who also has a great blog http://www.carlyshrinks.com, had to do week one of from couch to 5K for three and a half weeks before moving on to week 2.  So in light of that, and my tough run, I decided I should repeat week 4 this week.  I ran again this morning.  It was a lot better.  I made it through my intervals and even got my pace average down a few seconds.  I am going to run the last day of week 4 again on Friday and then hopefully continue with week 5 on Monday.  Week 5 goes up to running 1:25 and lowering the walking breaks to 3:35.

One other thing she said, "I think it's better to be slow and steady and see small but meaningful progress. Going from running for 30 secs. to a whole minute within 3 weeks is significant! It's double!"  Good point! 


No comments:

Post a Comment