Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Don't tell anyone but I have missed you



Wow, its been a whole week since I have ran.  I actually miss it.  The weeks before I was so busy with boot camp the only running I was doing was sprints.  But don't worry I paid for it this morning!  I wanted to participate in a Summer Virtual 5k.  Today was the last day to do it.  I know, procrastinator.  I mapped out 3.1 miles around my neighborhood and went out this morning.  For the first mile and a half my legs were itching so bad they hurt.  I wanted to just call it quits and head home but I kept going.  By mile two the itching was completely gone.  I used my training for this 5k.  Here was today's schedule:

Walk 3:40 minutes
Run 1:10 seconds
Repeat 9 times

Due to time I used the first and last 3:40 as my warm up.  By interval 8 I felt nauseous.  That will teach me to not do anything physical for a week!  I finished in 48:32 minutes   I was a little disappointed with the time.  My first 5k was a few minutes better than that.  I think I do better in races and running groups because I have more pressure to keep up.  


Even with the itching and the nausea I still felt really good afterwards.  Morning time is definitely winning the battle.  Here are my before and after pics.  Can you tell I worked hard?





No comments:

Post a Comment