Saturday, August 10, 2013

What is your most important running accessory?

Yesterday I ran Week 4 Day 3 again.  It was much better than Monday.  Maybe I was having an off day Monday but I am glad I re did the week.  I feel confident to go on to week 5 now.  Also, I thought of a way to keep each run interesting.  On Wednesday my pace was 15:49. First I made a goal to get down to a 15:00 pace.  Now after my run I realized that will take some time. My pace on Friday was 15:46. So I gained 3 seconds.  So I changed my goal a bit.  Every run I am going to try bet my previous pace.  I am actually looking forward the seeing those numbers go down.

Anyhow, back to the topic.  This past week I had a little extra money.  I decided I was going to use it on some type of running accessory.  I had 3 ideas in mind. 1. Something to hold my phone. 2. Some type of container for water and 3. A towel I do not have to hold. 

1. Something to hold my phone - I have an arm band for my iPhone but I do not use it.  My phone case is too big so every time I want to use it I have to take the case off.  And it is not super easy to take on and off. Also, even if I do that, the arm band is not comfortable.

2.  Some type of container for water - I have been looking at different options for this.  I really want a camelbak backpack but I think that would be silly for my 3 mile neighborhood runs.  I have also looked into that belt with the water bottles but the idea of having 2 or more bottles bouncing around my waist doesn't sound pleasant.  And also a little silly for neighborhood runs.  

3.  A towel I do not have to hold - it is hot in Florida!  Even at 7 in the morning.  I do not like running and having nothing to wipe my face off.   However I do not wam too run around with a towel in my hand.

I needed to choose one.  I have a temporary solution for my phone.  And I am still unsure about the water deal so, the Towel it was.  Drumroll please..... I decided to go with a Swowel.  I know, you may have no idea what that is.  It is a towel, wash cloth size, connected to a belt, that you can buckle around your waist.  This allows one to carry the towel hands free.  And easily buckle and unbuckle while running.  It comes in 9 colors and is not a bad price. Here is picture of mine.

                                           
                                     

Even cooler, that grey strip you see is a reflective strip for running in the dark. (Never alone I hope) 

                                        

It It comes in this mess bag that you use to keep it protected in the washing machine. 

                                       

So far I have used the Swowel twice.  And the one time I forgot to put it on I regretted it.  I am happy with my choice! Best of all, it is a family company.  Who doesn't want to support one of those.  Here is the website it you are interested.  http://www.swowel.com/index.html

   What is your most important running accessory? Shoes and sports bras don't count! 


No comments:

Post a Comment