Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 4 - Morning Workout

In case you are wondering I did walk last night. I got home in just enough time to put my shoes on and walk my 40 mins before Big Brother.

This morning when my alarm went off I immediately turned it off.  Then I started to have second thoughts.  I got right up, put on my walking clothes and went out.  I'm glad to have that done.  I do feel a little tired though.  I never quite understood that, working out is suppose to give you energy for the day, but how can it when you feel drained after doing it?

I give credit to this blog for walking this morning.  I wanted to write about it but of course I can't unless I did it.  So I did.  This blog is doing its job.  Which leads me to an article I would like to share.  I found this a few weeks ago while researching beginning running. I was tossing the idea of a blog around.  Its called, "101 Kicks in the Butt" "You have 100 reasons for losing motivation to run. But we can top 'em with tips, inspiring quotes, and more. Pick your fix. Repeat as necessary."



http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/101-kicks-butt?page=4


Guess what tip No. 1 is. CREATE A BLOG where you post your daily mileage, then give out the Web address to your friends and family. Do you really want Aunt Ellen to ask why you skipped your four-miler on Wednesday?

Here are some of my other favorite tips.

7. SIGN UP NOW for a winter marathon in a warm state. Every training mile you log takes you closer to that winter getaway in toasty Phoenix, Florida, or Las Vegas.
12. EVERY MILE YOU RUN burns roughly 100 calories. Think of that next six-miler as two slices of pizza.
20. RUNNING COMMENTARY "The more I run, the more I want to run, and the more I live a life conditioned and influenced and fashioned by my running. And the more I run, the more certain I am that I am heading for my real goal: to become the person I am." --George Sheehan, M.D., beloved former RW columnist
59. REMEMBER that you almost always feel better after a run than before it.
83. BE REALISTIC with your training. Sticking to a schedule of three workouts per week feels a lot better than quitting a more demanding plan. Go to runnersworld.com/smartcoach to customize your training program.

What's your motivation for running? 

No comments:

Post a Comment