Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 3 - The question on every one's mind, or maybe just mine... "Before or After Work"

I am not a morning person.  6, 7 or even 8, I do not want to get up.  So naturally morning workouts are not appealing to me.  There is an ongoing debate about morning v. evening. The main pro I see for morning workouts is you get it over with. The main pro for evening workouts is more time with no rush. 

The last two days I have walked in the evening with no problems.   However today I am feeling a little tired.  Currently my dad is in the hospital so I stopped by to visit him.   And at 8pm tonight my favorite show of all time comes on, Big Brother!!


 I'll admit I wish I had already walked today.   

I did a little online research.  Morning workouts seemed to be heavily weighted.  Here are two interesting articles.

http://www.boxingscene.com/exercise/1312.php 

http://www.fitsugar.com/Should-I-Work-Out-Morning-Evening-25313792. 

I'll let you know what schedule I end up taking in a few weeks.
I will go with which works best for me. What's your opinion on the morning v. evening workout debate?

3 comments:

  1. I think morning is the best because 1. You feel more energized throughout the day (your energy will come after about a week) 2. You avoid the excuses you will make throughout the day to talk your self out of doing it after work 3. Its over with and done. What I use to do is take a half of energy chew or some drink right when i got up just to give me a little "Kick" and once you start you are fine. Plus you gotta go to bed early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same question on my mind too! My husband and I try to work out together and a handful of times I've dragged him to the gym in the morning. It SUCKS because neither of us are morning people but I think if we stuck with it, it would be better than the evening because, like you said, we had already gotten it over with. Plus I like my evenings to be free to do fun things. Or relax. Either one :)
    Just found your blog recently and I'm loving it. I'm in the same boat as you. I want to lose about 50lbs (or more) and I want to become a runner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am constantly searching for people trying to do or did what I am trying to. Looking forward to sharing tips and struggles with you Catherine! I am still battling the morning v evening. I did boot camp for two weeks in the morning and now that its over I am dreading getting up in the morning. I plan to get my butt out of bed tomorrow morning! I have come to the conclusion that unless I have a run/work out scheduled with someone I will not do it after work.

      Delete